Among the many things to do and know about in Madisonville, TX these here are a few of our favorites.
- The most important part of any Texan’s road trip, is stopping at bucc–ees for beaver nuggets, or one’s favorite Texas barbeque.
- Watch world class Cutting Horse Trainer Ronnie Nettles train his horses, and watch his Australian Cattle Dogs work at Nettles Country
- The birthplace of the East-Texas burger chain, TX Burger
- The Downtown Square offers plenty of options for home Décor, western wear, antiques, and more at the shops and eclectic boutiques
- Every October, This mushroom Mecca hosts their Annual mushroom festival, offering a 5k known as the “Shiitake 5k,” cooking
demonstrations and much more
- Built in 1904, the Woodbine is a Texas historic landmark that’s still welcoming guests for a stay in one of its eight suites, or a first-class meal in its restaurant. (It’s also rumored to be haunted but I don’t think we should publicize that in an ad campaign)
- Named for the petrified wood found and used on the property, Fossil Tree is a 162-acre working farm that offers a log cabin, fishing, birding, kayaking and biking on the grounds
- Madison County Museum offers you a chance to learn the history of Madison County, including the colorful background of the Madisonville Sidewalk Cattlemen’s Association
If you’re coming from around Madisonville drive down I-45 S and visit us at Wiesner of Huntsville in Huntsville, TX for your next Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac.
Whether we’re at work, having fun, or behind the wheel, there’s no doubt about it: there’s an app for just about everything. Read on for our list of best driving apps that you should check out.
Dash cams are a great way to record all of your favorite scenic drives, and they’re becoming increasingly popular. Many of them are still rather expensive, though. But now the DailyRoads Voyager app can transform your smartphone into a powerful dash cam for free! This app isn’t only a great way to safely record a beautiful drive; it’s also the perfect way to ensure optimal safety and accountability in the event of an accident.
GasBuddy isn’t new, but it remains one of our all-time favorite driving apps. This app is updated in real-time and allows you to find the lowest gas prices no matter where you are. It’s especially helpful on long road trips in unfamiliar territory.
While Audible isn’t just for driving, it is one of our favorite apps for transforming a dreary daily commute into your favorite part of the day. Audible is an incredibly huge collection of audiobooks that you can listen to conveniently on your smartphone, whether you’re at home or stuck in traffic.
For a vehicle stocked with the latest in infotainment technology, visit Wiesner of Huntsville; our extensive inventory is filled with tech-savvy vehicles.
There’s a lot to do in the greater Huntsville, Texas area. One of our favorite destinations is the incredible Sam Houston National Forest. Less than a half hour drive south of Wiesener of Huntsville, the sprawling 163,000 acres of protected trees is an excellent weekend destination. Following are some of the best activities to do in Sam Houston National Forest.
Of course, what better way is there to see the natural beauty of the forest than to get out there and hike? You’ll find multiple scenic walks here, including the acclaimed 128-mile Lone Star Hiking Trail.
Both Lake Livingston and Lake Conroe are great for fishing enthusiasts. They are located within the park grounds and are known for their black bass population and year-round fishing opportunities.
If you’re not interested in hunting, you can view and appreciate the many protected animals living in the habitat of Sam Houston Forest. You’ll never know what will cross your path!
The multi-use trail in the Sam Houston Forest is available for hiking and horseback riding, but that’s not all. It’s particularly popular as the only trail open to Off-Highway Vehicles in Texas’ multiple national forests.
Good news: we’ve all survived another holiday. July 4th tends to bring out the crazy in people – explosives, drinks, and wild Aunt Sally never make for a good combination, and it’s especially dangerous when the fun is all finished for the night and the crazies get in their cars to go home. Just like on so many other holidays, this year July 4th ‘no refusal’ DUI checkpoints were deployed in states across the nation to combat drunk driving.
According to autos.aol.com, July 4th is ranked among the deadliest days to drive. According to the Fatality Analysis Reporting System, 637 Americans have been killed on the holiday between 2008 and 2012 – that’s about 127 people per year. Almost half of those fatalities were caused by drunk driving last year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Law-enforcement officials in many states have implemented controversial “no-refusal” DUI checkpoints in an effort to combat so many alcohol-related deaths. These checkpoints are set up like traditional DUI checkpoints, but are different in that drivers suspected of driving under the influence who refuse to take a Breathalyzer test will be forced to have their blood drawn, regardless of whether they consent or not.
“We continue to support ‘no refusal’ because we believe the citizens of Tarrant County should be able to travel our roadways without putting their lives at risk,” Assistant District Attorney Richard Alpert of Tarrant County, Texas said in a statement explaining the decision to use the checkpoints. “Ending up dead or in jail is a poor way to celebrate our country’s independence.”
What do you think? Would you think twice about having that additional drink if you knew these checkpoints were deployed around our city?
Stop by Wiesner of Huntsville today to learn more!
Here at Wiesner of Huntsville, we are getting the last of our holiday shopping in order. We’ve made our list, and we’ve checked it twice to give our ‘nice’ friends the best driving gifts we could find. Here are our top 5 gifts for drivers this year:
- Hands-Free Phone Kit – Make sure your loved ones keep both hands on the wheel with the gift of a hands-free phone kit. These earpieces can give drivers up to four hours of talk time without fumbling with the phone.
- Car Camera – If the videos from Russia are any measure, a car camera can really pay off. Recording everything from routine traffic stops to serious accidents, a dash-mounted car camera can pay off in the courtroom.
- Driving Gloves – Go retro with the gift of a pair of leather driving gloves. Ryan Gosling has put driving gloves back in fashion as the stunt performer/getaway driver in 2011’s Drive. Great for that trend-setter on your gift list.
- Heated Seat Covers – The luxury of seats with heat and massage does not need to be limited to drivers in luxury cars. Most heated seat covers will plug into the power socket on the console, and massage chairs often take just a few batteries to operate.
- ‘ Learn How to Park’ Cards – Some may consider this a gag gift, but most drivers will put them to good use. These clever business cards from Zazzle allow us to let off steam when our fellow drivers forget how to use a parking lot.
What are you going to give drivers this year?
It’s that time of year again—the season of pumpkins, apples, scarecrows, and football! We here at Wiesner of Huntsville are pretty excited for this fall’s festivities, which is why we wanted to share some fun autumn activities and ideas that you can do with your family or friends this fall.
- Go visit a corn maze with a group. They can be a lot of fun! Visit the Dewberry Farm in Montgomery, Texas with the kids—there’s a lot to do and it’s not too far from Huntsville.
- If you’re not into traveling, stay at home and host a football party! Play a game of two-hand touch football in the backyard with friends and family, and have a little healthy and harmless competition.
- Go apple and/or pumpkin picking! This can be fun for small children. Have them pick out their own pumpkin, and save them for carving when Halloween approaches!
What are some of your favorite autumn activities to do with your friends and family? Comment and tell us below! From all of us here at Wiesner of Huntsville, we wish you a safe and fun fall season!
Welcome to Wiesner of Huntsville’s new blog! Here, you’ll find weekly updates about our dealership, including sales, specials, events, and more, as well as any announcements or news about General Motors, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. Feel free to leave a comment or give us feedback. You can also share any post with your friends on social media.
Wiesner of Huntsville, Texas is your local GM dealer. We offer services, inventory, and parts for all GM models, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC models. Our excellent service team is highly trained and willing to help you with your GM vehicle. We also offer an extensive line of new and used inventory, so check out our website to see all of our cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans.
At Wiesner of Huntsville, we know what it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied when you leave our store. We are committed to customer service and want to help you find the car of your dreams. Come see us today at Wiesner of Huntsville in Huntsville, Texas!