This has been a big couple of weeks for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala! Reviewers, consumers, experts, and readers alike are all very impressed by the newly redesigned Chevy Impala, and we’re ecstatic about it here at Wiesner of Huntsville too. Not only did the Impala receive a top rating from Consumer Reports, but it also received a top safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Now is the time to get your hands on one of these babies.
The 2014 Chevrolet Impala made news headlines due to its recent score of 95 out of 100 by Consumer Reports. They called in “excellent,” a much better improvement from last year’s model. This score makes it one of the highest-rated vehicles Consumer Reports has ever reviewed. Move over Cadillac, the Impala is here.
In addition to a great rating from Consumer Reports, the 2014 Impala also received a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “New Car Assessment Program.” The new Impala includes such features adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, side blind zone alert, and 10 standard airbags. This car reeks of safety, class, and innovation.
Come on in to Wiesner of Huntsville and check out our inventory of the 2014 Chevrolet Impala. You’ll be impressed.
As July comes to an end and families race to the store to stock up on school supplies, we here at Wiesner of Huntsville want to help you to take a step back and squeeze in one last summer road trip before it’s all over. That’s why we’ve compiled a short list of destinations in Texas to visit as a weekend getaway that would still be suitable enough to call a “summer road trip.”
- Visit Houston, Texas, the fourth-largest city in America! There are endless restaurants, museums, parks, and shopping venues to visit, so there’s something for the whole family. Take a gander through the American Cowboy Museum, see a show at one of the Stages Repertory Theatres, or even hit up a Houston Astros game. The kids will love it, too.
- If you’re not feeling a long drive, do some of the things in Huntsville you haven’t done in a while (or at all)! Pack a picnic, go horseback-riding, or even fish at the Huntsville State Park. Take an interesting look through the Huntsville Texas Prison Museum. Learn about the past at the Sam Houston Memorial Museum. Huntsville is full of history, just take a look around.
From all of us at Wiesner of Huntsville, we wish you safe travels on any journey you take!
William C. Durant, cofounder of the Chevrolet Motor Company, is known to be the introducer of the Chevrolet emblem, the “bowtie,” which was welcomed to the world in 1913. In fact, it celebrates its 100th Anniversary this year! Today, it is one of the most popular and most recognized logos/emblems in the world, but there seems to be an endless number of theories about where exactly Durant pulled his inspiration from when establishing the emblem. Chevrolet has given us a few possibilities.
- One possibility, once confirmed by Durant himself, was that the image was patterned in French wallpaper he came across while traveling. An official Chevrolet statement later negated this admittance, claiming Durant imagined the emblem in a dream.
- Durant’s widow claimed her husband discovered an early version of the “bowtie” in a newspaper ad for a Coal Company and refined it to his liking.
- Margery Durant, William’s daughter, claimed her father came up with the idea himself and drew the emblem one night while sketching.
- Others have declared that the emblem came from a design on the Swiss flag because cofounder Louis Chevrolet was born in Switzerland.
Wherever it came from, we all know and love the classic Chevrolet emblem, and believe it to be a golden standard for the rest of the automotive world to try to reach.
Welcome to Wiesner of Huntsville’s new blog! Here, you’ll find weekly updates about our dealership, including sales, specials, events, and more, as well as any announcements or news about General Motors, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. Feel free to leave a comment or give us feedback. You can also share any post with your friends on social media.
Wiesner of Huntsville, Texas is your local GM dealer. We offer services, inventory, and parts for all GM models, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC models. Our excellent service team is highly trained and willing to help you with your GM vehicle. We also offer an extensive line of new and used inventory, so check out our website to see all of our cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans.
At Wiesner of Huntsville, we know what it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied when you leave our store. We are committed to customer service and want to help you find the car of your dreams. Come see us today at Wiesner of Huntsville in Huntsville, Texas!