The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has given the 2015 GMC Terrain a four-star overall safety rating. The rating comes from the Terrain earning four stars in the front crash test, five stars in the side crash test and four stars in the rollover crash test.
The Terrain comes with standard safety equipment like six airbags, antilock brakes, electronic stability control, traction control and rearview camera. Some options include forward collision alert, lane-departure warning, side blind-zone alert and rear cross traffic alert.
All of these safety features combine to make the 2015 GMC Terrain one of the safest SUVs on the road. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has given I high remarks, and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded last year’s model an overall “good” rating. We expect the 2015 model to earn a similar rating.
If you want to check out how the 2015 GMC Terrain can keep you and your family safe, come to Wiesner of Huntsville and see all the Terrain has to offer.
The 2014 Buick LaCrosse received an early Christmas present this December when it was named a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 5-Star overall safety pick. Kicking Tires reports that both the front- and all-wheel-drive versions of the 2014 Lacrosse earned the five-star distinction, and Edmunds adds that the award also extends to the eAssist version of Buick’s sedan.
“Safety is one of the pillars of the Buick brand and our flagship continues to echo this essential element to our customers,” said Jeff Yanssens, chief engineer of the LaCrosse, in the brand’s official press release. “Not only do we offer advanced safety technologies in the 2014 LaCrosse, but we designed and engineered the core of the car to perform well with respect to crash safety.”
Buick boasts a number of advanced safety features available on the 2014 Buick LaCrosse. These include:
- Safety Alert Seat – Causes the seat to vibrate in the event of a potential crash
- Automatic Collision Preparation – Automatically riggers the brakes in event of potential crash
- Forward Collision Alert – System alerts driver to potential crash threat
- Full-speed-range Adaptive Cruise Control – Senses traffic and adjusts vehicle speed (including full stop/start) accordingly
- Lane Departure Warning – Warns driver of unsignaled lane changes
- Lane Change Alert – Notifies driver of fast-approaching vehicles in the next lane
- Side Blind Zone Alert – Scans for vehicles in blind spots and warns of their presence
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Warns of traffic when backing out of a parking spot
- Rear Vision Camera – Provides a view of the area behind the LaCrosse
For more information on the five-star overall safety pick LaCrosse, or any other of Buick’s 2014 model year lineup, stop in and see us at Wiesner of Huntsville today!