As the weather heats up, the wear and tear on your car can get worse. Here are a few ways you can protect your car in hot weather:
- Use a windshield sun shade – These protect your interior from baking in the heat and keeps your car cooler when you get back inside after a hot day.
- Use protective sprays – There are products available that can provide another protective layer, like vinyl or leather protectants.
- Consider tinted windows – You’ll need to review your state’s regulations on the amount you can tint a window, but these can keep your upholstery from cracking.
- Park in the shade – This is obvious, but when you can, park in the shade. Look for streets where the shade created by buildings will pass over your car during the hottest part of the day.
- Check the car’s battery – When it gets hot, excessive fluid evaporation reduces the life of the battery. Make sure it’s functioning in top shape.
- Travel when it’s cooler – If you can, try to drive during the cooler parts of the day, like early morning or late evening. It will be easier on you, your passengers, and your car.
Although the weather here in Huntsville has been warm for quite some time now, it’s never officially summer time until the month of June hits us! Now is the time to get in the car and go on a road trip—whether it’s across the country or east on 190 over to Lake Livingston for the weekend. No matter how long or short the drive is, there’s no doubt you must be prepared with some musical jams for the trip. That’s why we here at Wiesner of Huntsville have gathered a few of our favorites for the perfect summer playlist for road trips!
- Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- Summertime – Kenny Chesney
- Highway to Hell – AC/DC
- Surfin’ U.S.A. – The Beach Boys
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
- Small Town – John Mellencamp
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson
- Take It Easy – Eagles
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker ft. Lady Antebellum
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band ft. Jimmy Buffett
What are some of your favorite songs for road trips? Comment below and tell us what you love to hear!