- Willis is right next to Lake Conroe, where you can rent a boat for a day on the lake. You can also have dinner and dance on the water by hopping on a Southern
- It’s near the beautiful Sam Houston National Forest for those that need their nature fix or want to go for a nice hike, bike, or camping trip.
- Speaking of camping, Willis is home to several campgrounds, with Sunset Harbor Resort, the Landing, and Thousand Trails just to name a few.
- Who doesn’t love the Gator Motorplex – stop by on a Saturday night with the family for a fun night of racing entertainment!
- Want to hit some pristine greens and test your swing? Look no further than the Texas National Golf Course on Club House Drive.
- If there isn’t enough time to go camping but you still want to enjoy the great outdoors, Willis is also home to many parks, including Charles Traylor Park and Pine Circle Park among others.
- Rich with history, Willis, Texas became a community when the Great Northern Railroad decided to run a track from Houston to Chicago. The Willis brothers donated their land in 1870 to the railroad and soon saw a prosperous community develop. The main crops of the time included tobacco, cash crops of cotton, watermelons, and tomatoes. By 2020, Willis will be celebrating 150 years of establishment!
- Let’s not forget about the Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell. Willis is hometown to the “Southern Boy,” who also attended Sam Houston State University!
- Willis is also home to the Hidden Gem Diner… no explanation needed.
Unfortunately, we become aware of many vehicle issues after it’s too late. Either they leave us stranded or we are caught unawares and forced to rush to get service. That’s when you find out who your real friends are, when you are on the phone saying, “Hi… I hate to bother you but… Can you pick me up at the repair shop?” All of the sudden, everyone you know and love is just too busy to help.
Don’t worry, though—Chevrolet is there for you. The automaker has created a service that can actually make you aware of an issue before it becomes an issue. These alerts are available in 2016 Chevy Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Corvette and Equinox vehicles.
So, What Exactly Does It Do?
Chevrolet vehicles are full of high-tech sensors. As these sensors collect information, they constantly analyze the flow of data to look for anomalies. If certain changes in the fuel pump, starter motor and/or 12 volt battery are detected, then the new OnStar Proactive Alerts system will let you know.
At that point, you can make an appointment with a service specialist. They can then have the issue resolved before you experience any inconvenience. Wiesner of Huntsville is ready to take care of your vehicle!
As July comes to an end and families race to the store to stock up on school supplies, we here at Wiesner of Huntsville want to help you to take a step back and squeeze in one last summer road trip before it’s all over. That’s why we’ve compiled a short list of destinations in Texas to visit as a weekend getaway that would still be suitable enough to call a “summer road trip.”
- Visit Houston, Texas, the fourth-largest city in America! There are endless restaurants, museums, parks, and shopping venues to visit, so there’s something for the whole family. Take a gander through the American Cowboy Museum, see a show at one of the Stages Repertory Theatres, or even hit up a Houston Astros game. The kids will love it, too.
- If you’re not feeling a long drive, do some of the things in Huntsville you haven’t done in a while (or at all)! Pack a picnic, go horseback-riding, or even fish at the Huntsville State Park. Take an interesting look through the Huntsville Texas Prison Museum. Learn about the past at the Sam Houston Memorial Museum. Huntsville is full of history, just take a look around.
From all of us at Wiesner of Huntsville, we wish you safe travels on any journey you take!