- Willis is right next to Lake Conroe, where you can rent a boat for a day on the lake. You can also have dinner and dance on the water by hopping on a Southern
- It’s near the beautiful Sam Houston National Forest for those that need their nature fix or want to go for a nice hike, bike, or camping trip.
- Speaking of camping, Willis is home to several campgrounds, with Sunset Harbor Resort, the Landing, and Thousand Trails just to name a few.
- Who doesn’t love the Gator Motorplex – stop by on a Saturday night with the family for a fun night of racing entertainment!
- Want to hit some pristine greens and test your swing? Look no further than the Texas National Golf Course on Club House Drive.
- If there isn’t enough time to go camping but you still want to enjoy the great outdoors, Willis is also home to many parks, including Charles Traylor Park and Pine Circle Park among others.
- Rich with history, Willis, Texas became a community when the Great Northern Railroad decided to run a track from Houston to Chicago. The Willis brothers donated their land in 1870 to the railroad and soon saw a prosperous community develop. The main crops of the time included tobacco, cash crops of cotton, watermelons, and tomatoes. By 2020, Willis will be celebrating 150 years of establishment!
- Let’s not forget about the Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell. Willis is hometown to the “Southern Boy,” who also attended Sam Houston State University!
- Willis is also home to the Hidden Gem Diner… no explanation needed.
Although the weather here in Huntsville has been warm for quite some time now, it’s never officially summer time until the month of June hits us! Now is the time to get in the car and go on a road trip—whether it’s across the country or east on 190 over to Lake Livingston for the weekend. No matter how long or short the drive is, there’s no doubt you must be prepared with some musical jams for the trip. That’s why we here at Wiesner of Huntsville have gathered a few of our favorites for the perfect summer playlist for road trips!
- Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- Summertime – Kenny Chesney
- Highway to Hell – AC/DC
- Surfin’ U.S.A. – The Beach Boys
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
- Small Town – John Mellencamp
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson
- Take It Easy – Eagles
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker ft. Lady Antebellum
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band ft. Jimmy Buffett
What are some of your favorite songs for road trips? Comment below and tell us what you love to hear!